The leading manufacturers of high-performance, 70% Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) resin-based architectural coatings are PPG, Valspar, Akzo Nobel and Sherwin Williams.
There are several paint types within the 70% PVDF resin-based coatings family including:
- standard color two-coat systems, consisting of a primer and color coat (top coat),
- two-coat mica systems, also consisting of a primer and color coat,
- three-coat metallic, consisting of a primer, color coat and clear coat,
- three- and four-coat bright and exotic colors. These systems include a primer, color coat, clear coat and sometimes a barrier coat.
70% PVDF coatings are available in tens of thousands of different colors; however there are some bright and vibrant colors that cannot be formulated without the use of cadmium or lead in the formulation.
70% PVDF coatings are also available in some specialty formulations such as:
- energy-efficient, solar-reflective formulations (Fluropon® SR),
- graffiti-resistant coatings (Duranar® GR),
- antimicrobial coatings,
- color-changing Kameleon™ paint coatings (Fluropon).
Linetec paint offerings listed by manufacturer that meet AAMA2605-14
|Paint Finish Type
|Three- or Four-coat
|Metallic or Exotic
|Fluropon Classic II
|Bright or Exotic
|Lower VOC levels
|Two- or Three-coat
|Standard, Mica, Metallic or Exotic
To view the entire article, click here